Black Adam is an ancient Egyptian predecessor of Captain Marvel, who fought his way to modern times to challenge the hero and his Marvel Family associates. A power that was granted to him as a gift, but became the source of his corruption.
Black Adam (Teth/Theo-Adam) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books and one of the archenemies of the superhero, Captain Marvel (DC Comics), and the nemesis of the Marvel Family.
Black Adam would be released on December 22, 2021
Cast of Black Adam:
|Actor Name||Character Name|
|Dwayne Johnson||Black Adam|
|Noah Centineo||Atom Smasher|
Black Adam – Official Teaser 2021 | Dwayne Johnson | DC FanDome
Black Adam’s Comic Origins:
Teth-Adam (Black Adam) hailed from a mysterious nation near Egypt known as Kahndaq. He was granted the powers of the wizard Shazam 5,000 years ago in the time of ancient Egypt. He began life as a virtuous and moral man, so much so that he was seen as “worthy” by that great and powerful wizard.
At first, he used his powers for the greater good, but absolute powers tend to corrupt absolutely. Teth Adam used his newly-granted powers to overthrow and murder the Pharaoh before declaring himself ruler of the world. Since that wasn’t exactly what the Wizard intended when he granted these powers, he dubbed the malicious murderer “Black Adam” and banished him to the furthest distance in the Universe. It took the patient warrior 5,000 years to make his way back to Earth
Black Adam is a direct predecessor to Billy Batson’s Shazam, as many comic fans know. He was granted the same magical gifts by the same mystic who deemed him worthy.
I am not a villain — not in the narrow definition of the word according to the self-named “modern” world. I fought alongside the Justice Society and for a time, made them my allies… but I never earned their trust.— Black Adam src
Black Adam plot: What’s it all about?
There’s no official synopsis because Black Adam has not portrayed as a villain thanks to Dwayne Johnson, although most of you know this character has close ties to Shazam!. He even summons his powers in the same way as his enemy, by declaring the word “Shazam”.
Power, Abilities, and Weakness:
- The Stamina of Shu: superhuman stamina and invulnerability.
- Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive without sleep, food, water, or air.
- The Speed of Haru: superhuman speed and flight.
- Flight: He can hover or soar at high speeds through an act of sheer will.
- The Strength of Amon: superhuman strength
- Superhuman Reflexes
- The Wisdom of Zehuti: genius-level intellect.
- Clairvoyance: The wisdom of Zehuti also gives Black Adam clairvoyance and provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
- Eidetic Memory
- Tactics of War
- The Power of Aton: control and emission of magical lightning and thunder
- Magic Lightning: Black Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target.
- Teleportation: The ability to access the Rock of Eternity.
- The Courage of Mehen: courage and proficient hand-to-hand combatant
- Accelerated Healing: He displayed the ability to use the transformative lightning to heal others or himself instantly from wounds inflicted on his mortal form.
- Indomitable Will: An incredible amount of willpower that allows perseverance in overwhelming odds and seemingly unbearable situations. It also grants him great resistance to telepathic intrusions or mind control.
- Divine Grace: Innate luck and divine guidance that allows finesse in actions and dealings with others.
- Immortality: As long as he remains in his empowered form he doesn’t age
- Egyptology – Egyptian magic.
- Multilingualism – Can speak several languages
- Hand-to-Hand Combat – Without his powers, he is a considerably skilled combatant
Vulnerability to Electricity: He can be reverted to his alter ego with enough electricity.